Adsense for phpBB 3.1.X

Extensions & Styles for phpBB 3.1.X maintained and supported by Stoker
User avatar
Stoker
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3502
Joined: 12 May 2008, 21:26
BBCodes: 239
Favourite BBCode: Anipro
Favourite MOD: PrettyPhoto
Location: Denmark

Re: Adsense for phpBB 3.1.X

Post by Stoker » 03 Apr 2015, 09:55

Looks nice, but remember you can only have 3 ads on each page.
Board rules! No PM support
Sure, I can install the Mod for you ;)
Like the site? Then buy me a bear


User avatar
Dragosvr92
BBCoder II
BBCoder II
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 May 2011, 14:53
BBCodes: 4
Favourite MOD: Please Wait
Location: Romania

Re: Adsense for phpBB 3.1.X

Post by Dragosvr92 » 03 Apr 2015, 10:59

Errm... I did not know that O-o
But ive only got four on my index. Same as you do on the index page and view topic :P

User avatar
Stoker
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3502
Joined: 12 May 2008, 21:26
BBCodes: 239
Favourite BBCode: Anipro
Favourite MOD: PrettyPhoto
Location: Denmark

Re: Adsense for phpBB 3.1.X

Post by Stoker » 03 Apr 2015, 12:01

3 text units and 3 or 4 link units. Dont remember the exact amount of link units. But you can google it :D
Board rules! No PM support
Sure, I can install the Mod for you ;)
Like the site? Then buy me a bear

User avatar
Dragosvr92
BBCoder II
BBCoder II
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 May 2011, 14:53
BBCodes: 4
Favourite MOD: Please Wait
Location: Romania

Re: Adsense for phpBB 3.1.X

Post by Dragosvr92 » 04 Apr 2015, 02:04

Stoker, do you know how to treat a html element as an ad?

I want the forum ad row holder to be removed all together if people have adblock enabled. :-?

sadfaffel
BBCoder I
BBCoder I
Posts: 4
Joined: 27 Sep 2015, 20:02

Re: Adsense for phpBB 3.1.X

Post by sadfaffel » 27 Sep 2015, 20:12

How did you do that when u have Adblock on then theres no threads only the text disable Adblock


User avatar
Stoker
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3502
Joined: 12 May 2008, 21:26
BBCodes: 239
Favourite BBCode: Anipro
Favourite MOD: PrettyPhoto
Location: Denmark

Re: Adsense for phpBB 3.1.X

Post by Stoker » 28 Sep 2015, 16:19

sadfaffel wrote:How did you do that when u have Adblock on then theres no threads only the text disable Adblock
You will need some manual edits for this. I have no guide for 3.1 but you will find one in the 3.0 forum here.
Board rules! No PM support
Sure, I can install the Mod for you ;)
Like the site? Then buy me a bear

User avatar
Dragosvr92
BBCoder II
BBCoder II
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 May 2011, 14:53
BBCodes: 4
Favourite MOD: Please Wait
Location: Romania

Re: Adsense for phpBB 3.1.X

Post by Dragosvr92 » 01 Oct 2015, 01:45

sadfaffel wrote:How did you do that when u have Adblock on then theres no threads only the text disable Adblock
To do that, just add advert1 as html class for your div. ;)
@Stoker, you should add that class in your extension :)

jerseyetr
BBCoder I
BBCoder I
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 22:41
BBCodes: 0

Re: Adsense for phpBB 3.1.X

Post by jerseyetr » 08 Nov 2015, 22:43

Quick question for ya Stoker, how do I make it so that the ads only show up on the bottom of the Category or forum. You know, under the last post. I hate having everything split up because an ad is between two posts or two forums.

Thanks for your help in advance.

User avatar
Stoker
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3502
Joined: 12 May 2008, 21:26
BBCodes: 239
Favourite BBCode: Anipro
Favourite MOD: PrettyPhoto
Location: Denmark

Re: Adsense for phpBB 3.1.X

Post by Stoker » 09 Nov 2015, 08:01

jerseyetr wrote:Quick question for ya Stoker, how do I make it so that the ads only show up on the bottom of the Category or forum. You know, under the last post. I hate having everything split up because an ad is between two posts or two forums.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Please post a sceenshot that explains exactly where you want the ad
Board rules! No PM support
Sure, I can install the Mod for you ;)
Like the site? Then buy me a bear

jerseyetr
BBCoder I
BBCoder I
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 22:41
BBCodes: 0

Re: Adsense for phpBB 3.1.X

Post by jerseyetr » 20 Nov 2015, 15:04

Stoker wrote:
jerseyetr wrote:Quick question for ya Stoker, how do I make it so that the ads only show up on the bottom of the Category or forum. You know, under the last post. I hate having everything split up because an ad is between two posts or two forums.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Please post a sceenshot that explains exactly where you want the ad
Hi, sorry for the delayed response. VERY busy lately with work and what not.

I don't really need that issue solved anymore. I did however run into another today.

I know Adsense policy says only 3 ads per page. Now I am getting 4 ads on this one forum post. Take a look here You will see 4 ads.